You all wonder how you should care for your glitter saddle pad to make sure they last forever (or almost!).
Although I recommend washing your saddle pad with cold water and preferably by hands, there are multiple ways you can wash and care for your glitter saddle pad.
Here are some additional tips that helped me and some of you, riders, having your glitter pad as shiny for as long as possible!
Let's make sure we are all aligned.
- Using a natural soap or detergent (I am a big fan of Dr Bronner's Castille liquid soap).
- Let it dry in the shade, face down (no direct light on the glitter side - Mesh side up)
- Washing the pad with gentle care (hand wash preferably)
- Use cold or slightly warm water
To keep your saddle pad at the maximum of its original state:
- Do not use Bleach or powerful and/or chemical detergent .
- Avoid Hot water.
- Avoid drying your pad in direct sunlight. UVs and sunlight have been proven to damage color on the long run. To keep your saddle pad with the maximum.
- Avoid washing your pad in your washing machine.
- Do not use a dryer (this will destroy your pad, for real!)